The International Communications Review (ICR) offers a proven and quality-controlled methodology for analysing new and existing exporters’ international communications. It offers a wide range of advice and practical recommendations to improve export performance.
An ICR is particularly relevant when a business is:
– Re-developing its website (in fact many clients focus the whole review on their global web presence)
– Embarking upon a trade show, mission or other overseas trip including customer negotiation, distributor selection and market research
– Launching a new product range or service
– Considering a new route to market
– Updating or translating marketing materials for an international audience
– Tackling a new market, especially a ‘difficult’ one.
Typical areas of focus for an ICR might be:
– International web strategy including social networking, online marketing and e-Commerce
– Marketing, operational, packaging and/or distributor training materials
– Handling of international sales and technical enquiries
– Overseas meetings and presentations
– Preparation for international visits such as trade missions and exhibitions
– Communications with agents/distributors/partners overseas.
The ICR is designed as a programme of assistance for companies. Your adviser will design a tailored programme that will suit your export goals and resources, and may involve a number of separate or combined meetings, depending upon the complexity of the issues, such as number of countries, languages, products, routes to market, people and export activities. The outcome will be the right export communications strategy for your business.
The cost therefore depends upon the scope of the agreed programme. The cost of a single review continues to be £500 plus VAT.
Get in touch to book a date for your review or to discuss with your local adviser how this programme will help you grow your exports.